Wednesday 14 November 2007

Reebok Voltron

This is just one of the five new Reebok 'Voltron' edition kicks that make up the Voltron pack, each coming with its individual Voltron Lion. Pictured are the Pumps, arguably one of the only decent Reebok models out of the five. Reebok's re-release of many of the more simple styles in recent years has enabled them to apply the popular nu-rave colour ways to models such as the Ventilator and Racer. For any fan of Bandai or Mecha, this collection will no doubt have them reaching deep already, but I'm just not sure I want my feet to look like they might at any moment transform into a robot. My hands are already up, I'm not an expert when it comes to Voltron, however I'm also not an expert on Thunder Cats or Sesame Street, and thats stuff I did watch as a kid. If they brought out a 'Converse Cookie Monster' shoe I wouldn't cop them just to reminisce on lost youth, I've got drugs and Alcohol for that, plus a mid-life crisis to look forward to. And what am I supposed to do with the toy? hang it from the laces? That way everyone will know I bought the pack. Maybe I could put the special box they come in on my head so nobody can see what a mug I am. Reebok make some nice shoes, especially when they stick to basics, and I'm the first cat you'll see in a fresh pair of all white Exo-Fit Hi's in summertime, but this design collaboration is nearly as bad as when they let 50 cent write G-Unit on their sneakers.

2 comments:

Linda Grant said...

I can't say I understood any othat but it's very well written

Unknown said...

Unlike your comment, Linda!