Saturday 24 November 2007

OBEY The Neck



I don't hate many things in life. Though I mildly dislike certain aspects and angles of life, even the things that cause me considerable discomfort rarely breed within me to the point of hatred. Today However, I found a new thing that I hate, that somehow had been there all along, breeding among my internal insecurities and fickle falsehoods aquired throughout my breif 23 years on planet Cuff. The thing I hate, is the necks on t-shirts. I hate it when they are too big, when it looks like I'd been trying in vein for hours on end, hopelessly poking my head through the sleeve holes, stretching and contorting the material to get it on, and ending up looking like a 10 year old that's put on his dads t-shirt. When this ridiculous cotton lasso is finally hanging limply around my collarbone, I could just as easily hoola-hoop my way into the rest of it. Whats more frustrating is that shops love to hang the t-shirts on hangers, taking them off, putting them back on, all the time stretching the neck over an over again. I just don't understand it, you wouldn't wear a pair of jeans if the waist had been all stretched out and contorted, so why would you wear a t-shirt that makes you look like you bought it in the wrong size. And if you do want the neck to be a little more snug, you have to buy it in a smaller size that doesn't fit the rest of you. My good friends at Gloria's recently held a party for the release of some of OBEY's exclusive and limited edition products, including some of the American line of new T-shirts. And you know what, they had L and XL sizes with normal sized necks! OBEY t-shirts may now provide a new staple for Off Tha Cuff, so if you like your tee's to fit properly, and have a soft spot for the artistic vision of Shepard Fairey, OBEY's got what you need.

No comments: