Tuesday 4 December 2007

Huarache

This is the kind of re-issue that Off Tha Cuff likes. In my opinion these should be in constant rotation. I'm not entirely sure of the colour ways, I personally prefer the cleaner, more crisp whites, blacks, and blues when it comes to a running shoe, especially when the design is as busy as on the Huarache's. I had a pair of these when I was a kid, and I remember going out and playing football in them for hours. Inevitably the toe completely came away from the shoe and they quickly began to fall apart. Not long after I'd got them I was already asking my mum for a new pair of trainers. "Have you been playing football in them?" I said I hadn't, and she beleived me! A couple days later she marched me down the shops and, using all her motherly attributes, convinced the shop they had sold us a faulty pair of shoes, so they gave me a brand new pair for free! Those Huarache's never felt so good. I think I managed to spin that one out a couple more times before the shop and my mum got wise to it. But what can you do, that inner sock makes them so comfortable to have a kick about in!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your mom has skills.